How important is Emotional Intelligence in Leadership?
Some would argue it is leadership!
Emotional Intelligence affects attention, memory, judgement, decision-making, emotional climate, and the application of every skill you have, including raw intelligence.” Your behavior in the workplace has a direct and rippling effect on all of your workers, most importantly, your direct reports. In Leading with Emotional Experience, you will learn new tangible skills and insights to take your leadership to an entirely new level.
Whether you’re an executive or a first-line manager, you are leading a group of people to achieve goals, fulfill the mission and bring the vision into reality. Your leadership skills are essential to engage their best efforts – their hearts and minds; their passion and creativity; their imaginations; their drive and hard work. This workshop will reveal your impact, and how to change and enhance your abilities to get the best results from your people for the organization, and for your own satisfaction. This body of learning is firmly grounded in cognitive science. You will get the keys to use your brain in new and beneficial ways. Your bonus – these same skills are used in your personal relationships.
What you will Learn:
- The Powerful Interrelationship between Leadership and Emotional Intelligence.
- The “Secrets” of Communication as a Process.
- The multiple channels through which we communicate.
- How the brain understands communication.
- How the brain creates new meaning from communication.
- How to elicit the meaning that others understand from your communication.
- The importance of our kinesthetic experience of communication.
- The Impact of Mirror Neurons on Your Leadership.
- How to maximize the benefits.
- How to minimize the many pitfalls.
- Essential Feedback to Leadership.
- Real methods to obtain feedback and use it effectively.
- How to provide feedback effectively.
- The ADAM™ Method to Change Your Behavior.
- Using the Natural Principles of Your Brain to Achieve Your Goals
- Managing Your Emotional States (including stress).
- How important is empathy in your leadership?
- How to establish empathy.
- Developing the capability to decide when to and when not to engage in empathy.
- The dissonance of no empathy.