Stress has never been more present in our daily lives. From work, school, money, family and relationships, to disturbing world events, stress seems to be everywhere. We get triggered and enter the stress spiral…some of us just live in the spiral. Yet, you can have influence over the stress phenomenon in your life. You can actively take steps that change the way you react, lower the intensity and restore calm. I will teach you the techniques to do that.
In this workshop-experience, you will learn:
How to exercise greater control over stress, restore calm and manage your emotional states.
● Stress Mechanisms – Understanding the mechanisms of stress in your brain and body
● Changing Your Stress Reactions – I will show you how to exercise control and choice to regulate
your stress reactions more effectively.
● Your Brain – Fundamental knowledge to help you change your stimuli ->response mechanisms
● Neuroplasticity – How to Rewire Your brain’s reactions
● Stress & Health – The long-term and short-term effects of stress on your health
● Meditation –The documented benefits and a basic practice you can start right now
● Self-Hypnosis – A simple method you can use immediately
● Methods to Recognize and Change Your Emotional States
● Stress Mechanisms and how to gain more regulation over them.
Your mind works faster than you think. Your amygdala is off and running, triggering a rush of
biochemical signals through your body to prepare for fight or flight (or freeze), before your
“thinking” brain (your prefrontal cortex) has an opportunity to make any decisions.
Can you exercise control and regulate this process more effectively? Yes. I’ll show you how.
● Your Brain – Fundamental knowledge to help you change your stimuli ->response mechanisms.
The human brain is the greatest supercomputer ever known to humankind, but no one has given
you a user manual. I will explore just a few fundamental and critical pieces of knowledge to help
you utilize the natural functions of your brain in new ways to more effectively manage stress and
other emotional states.
● Stress & Health – The long-term and short-term effects of stress on your health.
Stress is a normal part of life. The stress mechanisms can serve us, prepare us and protect us in
various situations. But, when stress is frequent, persistent and unchecked, it can wear down our
physical systems and damage our health and the quality of our lives.
● Meditation – The beneficial effects of meditation & How to now.
The scientific evidence is overwhelming. Meditation can benefit each and every one of us.
If you do not yet meditate, we will start you here and now with a basic meditation technique that
you can begin doing every day.
● Self-Hypnosis – A simple method you can use immediately.
Milton Erickson is the father of therapeutic hypnosis known as Ericksonian Hypnosis.
In this workshop-experience, we will learn a method of self-hypnosis that originated out of
Erickson’s work. It is easy and simple to use.
● Methods to Change Your Emotional States.
Who’s driving the bus? That is, who or what is driving your emotional states? How do they emerge?
And, once they emerge do they simply have a life of their own, or can you take conscious steps to
change your states and change the way you feel? We will teach you how.
● Neuroplasticity – How to Rewire Your brain’s reactions.
The neural pathways and neural networks of thought we create in our brain become wired to react
to stimuli. Understanding how these neural networks are formed allows us to make choices to change
them. We will lift the veil from this process and show you methods to use your natural
neuroplasticity, the natural flexibility of your brain to create the changes you want.